Protect Your Privacy and SafetyBY USING THE SITE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS.
Information We Collect
In addition to collecting information about you when you use our Sites, we may also obtain information about you from our business partners, other third parties and publicly available information.
The types of information we may obtain include:
- Your Personal Information, if you choose to provide it or if we obtain it in the manner described above. Please note that you are not required to provide us with any Personal Information in order to perform job searches or to read the content portions of the Sites. If you do not wish to continue to receive job alerts, please unsubscribe by pressing the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any job alert. Your email address sent previously to the Sites may continue to be used to send you job alerts unless you choose to unsubscribe.
- Your demographic information (such as ZIP or postal code, occupation, education, experience, age, gender and race or ethnicity). We collect this information either through the registration process, from your resume or in the manner described above.
- Job search behavior and preferences and a record of the searches that you make on our Sites. We do this in order to present you with recommendations based on your interests as expressed previously through your activities on our Sites.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
We may collect information stored in your social media profile that you authorize us to access when you use your social media profile to invoke features on the Sites. Wordpill provides software applications ("Apps") available to the public. If you decide to download one of our Apps, we may collect your profile information, including your social network site user ID, email address, name, city, state, social network site profile image URL, and employment history, including job titles and company names.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Provide products or services you request.
- Maintain a record of the jobs you view or apply to on our Sites.
- Inform you of relevant job postings that may be of interest to you.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Sites.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities); enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media; and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links, should you decide you do not want to receive further communications.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including identification of when emails we have sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors' use of our Sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the jobs viewed or applied to on our Sites.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies, including as is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (including subpoenas, search warrants, court orders) and law enforcement instructions and orders.
We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer and your access of the Sites (including your IP address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Sites. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below.
If we seek to use the information we obtain about you in other ways, we will provide specific notice and request your consent at the time of collection.
Information We Share
The Sites may track the total number of visitors to our Sites, the number of visitors to each page of our Sites, IP addresses, External Web Sites linked to, search terms and the domain names of our users' Internet Service Providers, operating system and browser type, and we may analyze these data for trends and statistics in the aggregate, but such information will be maintained, used and disclosed in aggregate form only and it will not contain personally identifiable information. We also may collect aggregate information such as demographics including age, occupation, gender, salary information and labor statistics. Such aggregate information may be collected from data that you have provided to us via usage of the Sites and/or public records, and is not unique to you nor is it linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person. We may use such aggregate information to analyze trends, administer the Sites, track users' movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may share this aggregate information with third parties, including our affiliated and parent companies, for various reasons related to our business to assist them in targeting advertisements to appropriate audiences.
Other than instances in which users opt to provide their Personal Information via a job application, include it in a job posting or otherwise provide permission to share it, we do not sell our users' Personal Information to anyone for any reason. When applying to jobs, our users decide for themselves how much contact information they wish to display.
We share Personal Information with our service providers, including our own affiliated companies and parent company, who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. These service providers may only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law.
Wordpill also may disclose specific user information when we determine, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of Wordpill or other users of the Sites. This means, for example, that Wordpill may honor subpoenas, search warrants, law enforcement or court-mandated requests to reveal a user’s electronic address and identity, or other properly requested information.
About Cookies, Tracking Choices, and Third Party Advertisers
Wordpill may use the AdWords and Remarketing Lists features of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers. Wordpill and Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our Sites. This means that vendors including Google may display Wordpill promotional material on other sites you visit across the Internet.
You may opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers including AdWords and opt-out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager. To provide website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an Opt-out Browser add-on, which is available by visiting Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, to enable you to opt-out of Google’s programs.
Wordpill marketing service providers. If you do not want Wordpill and its marketing services providers to follow your usage of our services via cookies and web beacons, and to learn more about these providers and their privacy policies, please visit the website for each of the third parties below:
- Google Analytics
Opting out of these services does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the service from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your use. Wordpill may update this list periodically to include other marketing services providers.
International Data Transfers
How We Protect Personal Information
Wordpill maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized disclosure or use or alteration. However NO SITE CAN BE MADE PERFECTLY SAFE. If you are not willing to proceed on those grounds please do not use the Sites.
We have implemented technical and organizational security measures to protect your information from misuse, unauthorized or unlawful access or disclosure, loss, alteration, damage or destruction. These measures include:
- Physical safeguards that include storing data in areas with controlled access.
- Technology safeguards that include using anti-virus and endpoint protection software encryption, and monitoring of our systems and data centers to ensure that they comply with our security policies.
- Organizational safeguards that include training on security and privacy, to make sure our employees and contractors understand the importance and means by which they must protect your information. Our organizational privacy policies and standards also guide our handling of your information.
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to other websites that are owned or operated by other companies, including but not limited to affiliated third party entities. If you choose to visit any linked websites, we encourage you to review their privacy statements carefully, as they may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites that are owned by companies outside of Wordpill’s affiliate and parent companies.
Our Sites may also link to co-branded websites that are maintained by Wordpill and one or more of our business partners or third party affiliates who are collecting your Personal Information pursuant to their own privacy practices. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on any co-branded site to which you link for information on the privacy practices of that site.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private. As a user of the Sites, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Sites and the internet generally, the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the Sites.
California, USA Residents
California law permits its residents to, once per calendar year, request and receive information about a business' disclosure of certain categories of Personal Information to other companies for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and a user of any of the Sites, you can request a copy of this information from Wordpill by sending an email to privacyoffice @ wordpill.com (eliminate spaces when sending email). Please include your name and email address in email requests.
The Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of fourteen (14), but if you are under the age of 18 or the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you must use Wordpill under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian, or responsible adult. Wordpill does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 14. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 14, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.